Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lots of Work

Working a lot isn't much fun at all. My current work schedule is as follows: Mondays I go to work at PCCI at 9:45am and leave at 2pm. I start working at Chrysalis at 3pm and work till Tuesday morning at 9am. At 10am I head back to PCCI and work till around 6:30 (give or take an hour depending on the day). This little Monday/Tuesday dance is repeated for Wednesday/Thursday. On Fridays I work at PCCI from 10am till 7:30pm (also give or take an hour or so).


Don't get me wrong, I love getting the pay checks. It's also nice to have the weekends off. Lately, though, i've just been so exhausted in my time off that all I do is lay on my living room floor as my body attempts to relax and I just think of how happy I am not to be working. Hmmm.... I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. I'm thining that i'll chat with my boss at PCCI the first of next week and see what I can do to not work so much. It's just killing me.

One lesson (of many) I learned while living in New York is that money isn't everything. Yeah I know, it's cliche, but it's true. I came to find out that the average New Yorker has a different outlook on life than I did. Their view was to work as hard as you can every day at work so that you can rise to the top and be successful. I admire their determination, but I have a different outlook. I think we need to work hard and do what we need to do to be succesful at work for the purpose of supporting the rest of our lives. The ONLY reason i'm at work is to make all the time i'm not at work possible. I don't care if i'm successful in my job, as long as I think the rest of my life is succesful. It's just a means to an end. For this reason, having a family business would be pretty sweet. It takes away the worst part of work; being away from family.

No comments: